[NTLK] Newton Notes to iPhone Notes?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Mar 22 14:24:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Chris Chapman <chrisc30 at me.com> wrote:

> Anyone know how to import notes from my Newton, so that I can store them on my iPhone's notes?

Would this be a one-time thing or syncing?

If the former, you should be able to use something like NCX
<http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/> to import to text
files, then write an Automator workflow or AppleScript to go through
the files and import them into Mail as new Notes. Automator has a "New
iPod Note" action, but I don't know if that's for older iPods or newer
iPhone/iPod touch notes (which sync from Mail as of iPhone OS 3).

Syncing, on the other hand, is something that is unlikely to be
reasonably attainable with off-the-shelf tools, at this point.

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/
http://slottedpig.info/