[NTLK] OT: OpenSTEP / NeXTSTEP

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Thu Mar 25 11:20:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM, j g <dotline7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to try NextStep on my MacBook 10.5.6 and VMware. Can I
> get some guidelines?

There are a couple other steppy environs besides OpenStep. There's
NextStep and GnuStep. I think that GNUStep is supposed to be an open
source replacement of OS, and is supposedly still being developed.

These things are _not_ consumer-friendly, or end-user systems, and
that includes OpenStep and even NextStep. These were industrial
systems, and today are not for the faint of heart. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland