[NTLK] OT: A Future That is a Singularity - Evolution

Ryan newtontalk at me.com
Sun Mar 28 23:28:39 EDT 2010

Doing some research, I came across an interesting article about a
future that is a singularity through mathematical recursion. The
explanation is that we may one day be able to create machines, that
themselves are able to create more intelligent machines than
themselves. As it follows along this path, it goes on until a
singularity forms through mathematical recursion. A possible future,
that is just one big thing, where nothing is separate.

I wonder if this has been modelled yet in an evolutionary context? And
would a singularity be more 'simple', thus fueling the proponents who
hold the idea that evolution is not concerned about complexity...

Thank you,

Ryan