[NTLK] Programming to get Graphics

Simon Bell simonbell at me.com
Wed Mar 31 04:24:10 EDT 2010

On 31 Mar 2010, at 01:50, Doug Denby wrote:

> Let theRecord:= getStores()
> [theStore]:getSoup(theSoup):query(theQuery):move(theEntry)
>
> The above code gets me the frame of an entry but alias and such are
> not displayed. Manipulation of the slots will get me a frame showing
> an Icon but I can not for the life of me figure out how to get what
> it referenced by the Icon.

I’m not familiar with NS_Basic, so please forgive me if I
misunderstand your problem.

An app icon is a frame looking like:
  icon: {bits: <bits, length 132>,
         mask: <bits, length 132>,
         bounds: {left: 0, top: 0, right: 26, bottom: 29}}

where the bits slot is a binary object containing a PixelMap: that’s
what you have to decode to a Mac image.

More generally, a graphic is made up of an array of shapes: line,
rectangle, ink, text, etc. each of which has its own drawing rules.
Data in the Notes app is similar.

Is this any help? Maybe if you gave a sample frame you’re having
problems with we could narrow it down.

Simon