[NTLK] [OT] Apple's view on Eastern Europe

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sun May 9 11:01:07 EDT 2010

On 09/05/10 01:17PDT, Matej Horvat wrote:
> An interesting article regarding how Apple treats Eastern Europe. (via Slashdot)
>
> http://www.economist.com/daily/columns/europeview/displaystory.cfm?story_id=16056150&fsrc=nwl

Interesting but I think the myriad of convoluted laws, taxes etc. might
also be a part of the reason. Personally, I think that Apple could open
up all of the iTunes Stores to everyone regardless of national laws.
Then if a country didn't like it they could put their own block on it.
That way it would be obvious that it was a local decision to not allow
access to the iTunes Stores. It would also be up to each country to
collect any taxes they impose directly from the person who bought the music.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

Newton MP 2100