[NTLK] Install packages from a web page?

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 19:20:10 EDT 2010

The server serving the Newton Packages needs to have the correct MIME type set.
the MIME I have set it:
Extension - .pkg
MIME Type - application/x-newton-compatible-pkg

If this is set, then the Newton will download the package and install it on the fly (hmm, I guess that this could qualify as OTA application installation if you are using WiFi!)
Ed
web/gadget guru

By Galactic God in Futurama

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."