[NTLK] [OT] OK. I saw this and I just had to send it!

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Wed May 26 17:24:56 EDT 2010

On 2010-May-26, at 3:16 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> ~~~ On 2010/05/26 18:49, Ed Kummel at tech_ed at yahoo.com wrote ~~~
>
>> http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/pat-bertoletti-is-poutine-eating-champ-dpgoha
>> -20100526-fc_7744704
>

> Whoa!  I felt my arteries harden as I read about him!
>
> I have one question:  will Canadians feel upset that a Yank has out-done
> them at eating one of their own delicacies, or relieved that it wasn't a
> Canadian who made such a spectacle of himself?  :-)

It's a combination of the two. I'm a bit glad that he wasn't a Canadian (my first response was eeeeeewwwwww) and second, by being the champion of consuming one of three typically Canadian foods, he is now an adopted Canadian.

As for being out-done - aw shucks, you are American, you're good at everything, we Canadians could never hope to reach the greatness levels of, say, James Cameron, Peter Jennings, or Neil Young. All we have is dumb things like The Bare Naked Ladies.

BTW the three typical Canadian foods are Poutine, Nanaimo Bars, and Butter Tarts.

Andrei