[NTLK] [OT] OK. I saw this and I just had to send it!

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Wed May 26 19:28:42 EDT 2010

On 2010-May-26, at 5:06 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> ~~~ On 2010/05/26 22:24, Andrei Chichak at newton at chichak.ca wrote ~~~
>
>> we Canadians could never hope to reach the greatness levels of, say, James
>> Cameron, Peter Jennings, or Neil Young. All we have is dumb things like The
>> Bare Naked Ladies.

BTW the Bare Naked Ladies did the theme song to Big Bang Theory.

> Ooh.  Irony.  Nice.
>
> You forgot Paul Gross, Oscar Peterson, Bryan Adams, Gordon Lightfoot, Jeff
> Healey, Sarah McLachlin, Uzeb, the Hawks, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Rush
> -- and I want to say Steppenwolf but I was never 100% sure about their
> origins.

Jason Priestly, Shania Twain, Glen Gould, Ben Hepner, Oliver Jones, The Guess Who, Bachman Turner Overdrive, k.d. Lang, Marshall McLuhan, Robin MacNeil (from the MacNeil Lehrer News Hour), Guy Lombardo, Java. On the other hand Celine Dion and Pamela Anderson (sorry world).

> Also, a surprisingly good TV series called _War of the Worlds_ filmed in
> Toronto (but bankrolled by the US, IIRC), and another equally good TV series
> called _Nikita_ (aka _La Femme Nikita_), a great adaptation of Luc Besson's
> film _Nikita_.  The Canadian adaptation was way better than the US attempts
> to give us a saccharin-dipped cheerleader in the title rôle that ultimately
> gave us _Alias_.

Battlestar Galactica, X files,  90210 being a remake of Degrassi Jr. High