[NTLK] Grant, Grant, he's out man!

Forrest Buffenmyer newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 7 01:26:00 EDT 2010

On Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 4:25 pm David Kendal wrote:

> On 6 Nov 2010, at 23:19, Lloyd Conway <ssgconway at juno.com> wrote:>     Aside from readability, what are the other attributes that make a > font attractive? A font doesn't have to be readable to be attractive.

This might seem kind of mundane and boring...but I prefer Verdana or Tahoma for text.

When I was creating the NewtonPhoenix website I wanted to use a font that was suitable for the subject matter and also reminiscent of Apple's history...the Chicago font is unavailable in iWeb '08...but there was one that was eerily similar, called Krungthep...so my home page for the site was done in that. However, after I published it and went online to see how it looked, it looked great in Mac OSX...but there is no such font in Windows, as I discovered by going online from a Windows XP laptop...it translated into--IIRC--Arial. Ugh...it looked awful. The solution: use Tahoma, as there didn't appear to be a version of Verdana in the copy of XP Pro that I had.

Thanks,
--Forrest
--
"Newton, come here...I need you." --Alexander MessagePad Bell
(Sent wirelessly from my NT MP2100 using Mail V)