[NTLK] Mail V

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Fri Oct 1 03:21:06 EDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 07:24 PM, R A Parker <RAParker at Newted.ORG> wrote:

<snip>

Under Mail V Prefs => More -> Rules, "When connecting" should be set to "Download mail" and not "Browse mail." Setting to "Browse" may cause your connection to not terminate as expected.

I have other ideas… But look at this first.

R A

I've chosen that setting...and, after searching the NTLK archives, I found this:

On Nov 29, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Josh Burker wrote:

> I ended up running Mail Assistant and deleted my Mail V setup.
> Afterwards I created a new Email Access in my Owner slip and filled
> out the proper information. Subsequently I am able to send mail
> through the .Mac SMTP server on port 587.

I was going to suggest that ;-)

Seriously, thanks for that reminder!

NOTE TO SELF (AGAIN): When you're having problems with Mail V (as I
have been these past couple months) deleting the Mail V setups and
starting with new ones can fix problems. Especially when you've edited
the setups over and over. Guess what I'll be doing next.

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--

I had decided to try another email provider to see if this was a problem unique to EarthLink. I added an alias to my me.com account...and after reading the above, I too tried deleting my email setups and creating new Email Access ones.

It worked...so well, in fact, that I started to download all my me.com email (most of which is from NTLK)...there were 1034 pieces, so I stopped it. But, it seemed to work well...or, at least, better.

BUT, I have a NEW problem: how do I "single out" (filter?) and download the email from the alias I created (newtonphoenix), on Mobile Me, and not all the rest of it?

I tried setting up the filter on Mail V to ignore all but newtonphoenix at mecom...but I couldn't get it set up properly.

Does anyone have their MobileMe configured to use an alias, and it's working properly and receiving/sending email on a Newton?

Thanks in advance,

--Forrest