[NTLK] Something to do with the eMate and Modem

SC steve at craftsathome.net
Mon Oct 11 21:23:57 EDT 2010

Yes, modem.

I was catching up on some Apple II newsgroup stuff and came across a post
about a person potentially using a dialup connection (for example the $24/yr
text Chebucto Community Net in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) and then
automatically getting weather like what is available at
ftp://ftp2.bom.gov.au/anon/gen/fwo/IDN10064.txt

So now I'm thinking that it would be cool to do the same with the eMate (and
NSBASIC?). Not using the internet connectivity and weather add-on we are
familiar with at UNNA, but something potentially "lighter weight".

All thoughts appreciated on the subject.

Thanks.

[ I am hoping that my recent email problems have gone away and I can
actually send/receive NTLK messages now ]