[NTLK] What's behind the 2000 screen?

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Sun Oct 31 16:56:15 EDT 2010

The 2100 display is made up of three parts, digitizer and display
taped together and the backlight.   The backlight is easily removed
once you have disassembled the 2100.
Keep in mid that you need a reflective surface as light passes through
the digitizer and display then is reflected back.

I believe Frank's site does go into this but in any event, the
backlight removal is a complete disassembly.  Unlike the 130 it is a
separate piece.

The sheen is relatively low and the uplight surface is yellow, or pink
for a white one.
You might try a piece of photo type printer paper if your intention is
to give up the backlight completely.  I would avoid to high of a gloss
since mirroring of the light source would be irritating.

This has been discussed before,  but sorry I couldn't find link.

Woody