[NTLK] (Slightly OT) External Newton keyboard and iPad?

Marcus Hammerschmitt marcus.hammerschmitt at t-online.de
Fri Sep 3 05:25:15 EDT 2010

Dear all,

this might sound odd in the extreme, but please bear with me. Some days ago I got me an iPad and I like it. Even using the onscreen keyboard is fun, yet I can foresee opportunities where I'd rather go with actual keys on a board. Now I know you can use Apple's BT keyboard with the iPad, and I even have one. Sadly enough, it's not trivial to make good use of this one with my mac and my ipad respectively - some snag or other with BT coupling. Yet there might be another way. Via the iPad's USB camera connector you can attach any USB keyboard to the iPad, even if it complains about "unsupported hardware" when you do so. Works like a charm. And since I have not only one, but two of the lovely black external Newton keyboards at the ready - is there a chance you might connect one of these via an USB adapter to the iPad?

I's love to hear your opinions.

Bestest,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html