[NTLK] Christchurch Earthquake

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Sat Sep 4 03:46:25 EDT 2010

On Sep 03, 2010, at 04:59 PM, Tony Kan <tony.kan at kan-and-company.com> wrote:

<snip>

Hi Folks

Yau may or may not have heard that we have had a major earthquake in Christchurch. It was of a similar magnitude recently experienced by Haiti. This is just to let you we are OK. The children were remarkably brave and remained calm through out the initial tremor and the subsequent after shocks. Communications, water and power supplies have been disrupted. In some parts of the city sewers have contaminated the water supply and there is a fear of an outbreak of Typhoid or Cholera. At least everyone in our family is not injured.

Tony, Rachel, Joshua, Sarah, Isabella and Olivia.

Tony:

I've not experienced an earthquake and I hope I never do...I can only imagine the horror of it and the aftermath--like the interruption of vital services, as you describe. May God bless all of you and keep you safe in this dire time. You're in my prayers as well.

--Forrest