[NTLK] Einstein running on iPhone

Riccardo Mori rick at newted.org
Wed Sep 15 19:49:20 EDT 2010

quoth Michael 'Mickey' Sattler:

> Are you kidding? It was completely mind-blowing! I wound up writing chapters of a published book on my Newton, after dirty AC power killed the laptop I'd been using.
>
> How could it not be memorable? Super-portable PIM, text editing, and communications in ones pocket.
>
> You had to be there...

Do you think I'm a teenager? It's flattering but, alas, I am not. I _was_ there. And I thought it was a really great product (although too expensive for me at the time). What I meant in my previous message is that the Newton got even greater more towards 1997 than in 1993, with better hardware, more memory, better HWR, more software, more peripherals, more possibilities. And the development that has been taking place since its official demise has made it truly mind-blowing and memorable.

I'm just saying: who knows how the iPad will be five years from now; we shouldn't be too fast in judging a 5-month-old device. Just that.

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days
<http://systemfolder.wordpress.com>