[NTLK] MyDevice (was: Re: Newton OS on iPad video)

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 10:23:40 EDT 2010

Hello,

--- On Sat, 9/18/10, Dennis B. Swaney <romad at aol.com> wrote:

> But that will only be with Apple's permission, at least on
> their iDevices. Apple supposedly has applied for a patent on a
> process that will allow them to identify and permanently shutdown
> jail-broken iDevices thus closing that route. I suppose that if you
> NEVER turned off Airplane Mode, turned on WiFi, or synced with iTunes,
> they might miss your jail-broken device.

Could you (or someone on the list) please furnish better and further particulars on this?  I ask because, Apple being a tight-lipped company, speculation is always rampant about what they are doing.

In my usual childlike naïveté, I thought Apple would be Good Sports, gracefully accept the EFF's fair use victory, and leave it at that.  However, I learn exciting new things all the time, particularly when it comes to the machinations of large corporations.

Best,

James Fraser