[NTLK] C64 on app store?

David Kendal dpkendal at dpk.org.uk
Wed Sep 22 11:59:21 EDT 2010

On 22 Sep 2010, at 16:47, Michael Grossman wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, M. Horvat wrote:
>> I'd like to know what made IBM "so evil" in the 1980s. (I'm not
>> from the
>> USA, and I didn't even exist back then) Was Apple simply jealous of
>> the
>> IBM PC's success after the failure of the Apple /// and Lisa?
>>
>> -Matej Horvat

I dug up a great post about this a while back:
http://cl.ly/2VV1
and wrote a little about it here:
http://cl.ly/2Ung

There's also the Jargon File entry on IBM:
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/I/IBM.html
which goes a long way towards explaining the problems computer people
found with IBM right up through the end of the last century.

-- dpk.