[NTLK] Mail V

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Tue Sep 28 14:04:36 EDT 2010

On Sep 28, 2010, at 07:24 AM, R A Parker <RAParker at Newted.ORG> wrote:

<snip>

How long has it been since you last sent email with your Newton? Many ISP's have bumped up their security and Newton setups may need some experimenting and tweeking.

What are your mail servers?

Does your ISP *require* SSL?

R A

There seems to be some confusion on this, which I admit is probably my fault.

I *can* send and receive email using Mail V...there's no issues that I am aware of with configuration settings, as I'm using the same as on other machines I have.

The issues appear to be with Mail V's settings and configuration, which--again--mostly aren't a problem when I Connect--Send/Receive--Disconnect immediately (except for the "storage" bug, which might be something I have to live with--see previous posts). Mostly, it's when I uncheck the "disconnect immediately" box and Mail V remains connected is when the error messages appear. Of course, I can just set it to fetch mail and disconnect, but I'm curious if there's not something not set up correctly and that's causing the errors.

Again...thanks for all the help and suggestions...so far.

--Forrest