[NTLK] Damn You Auto Correct!

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:45:19 EDT 2011

~~~ On 2011/04/03 23:35, Grant Hutchinson at splorp at mac.com wrote ~~~

> The public's perception was *not* what killed the platform either.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much of "the public" still had any perception
of the Newton, good or bad.  I know I was aware of it back in the beginning,
and not for the cartoon lampooning.  But by the end, it wasn't really there
-- and by then I was looking for something like a Newton.  I didn't become
aware that it had continued until 2003-ish when someone knowledgeable in The
Ways of The Newt demo'd it at our MUG and let me play with one, and I
realized that I just had to get one.

OTOH, there were people who had more influence than even the public on its
fate, and they weren't fond of it....

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke