[NTLK] Twitter Client

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Apr 8 07:40:23 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Chris Chapman <chrisc30 at me.com> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2011, at 6:39 PM, Clu wrote:
>
>> Sounds interesting.  I take it there is not a twitter client for the
>> Newton yet?
>>
> Hehe. Even my Amiga has a twitter client!

One can still read from the Twitter API without using SSL, but I
believe posting now requires SSL (or, at the very least, SSL is
required for OAuth, so there's no way to authenticate to post without
it). It would be relatively straightforward to write a Twitter client
to display tweets, esp. considering how close to NewtonScript the JSON
data format that the API supports is.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Rod Lavington <rodlavo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if you could do a mix of RSS to read updates, plus email to write
> updates.  Would that work?

If you want Twitter access now, I think Rod's suggestion is the best.
It looks like there are two services that support posting to Twitter
via email: <http://tweetymail.com/> &
<http://twittercounter.com/pages/twittermail>. There are ways to do it
via Posterous/Blogger, but it's a bit roundabout.

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/
http://rikuwoiku.com/