[NTLK] Extremely negative experience dealing with Newtonsales.com

SteveCraft steve at craftsathome.net
Sat Apr 30 12:01:07 EDT 2011

It may be too late, but usually if you are the seller and you file with PayPal, the burden is on the seller.

I had a bad experience as a seller (Gary Winters bought a G5 Mac from me and then tried to claim it was damaged and get all money back *and* keep the Mac, he was a scam artist and a liar), and PayPal put the screws to me. I had proof and evidence on my side but it took a l-o-n-g call with two humans at PayPal during "normal business hours" to get things straight. But eventually i made out OK, but PayPal had also frozen my account during the investigation, which mde it inpossible for me to buy things while they ;ooked into my case".

Something else you can do is file a complaint with your credit card cmpany, if you backed the PayPal transaction (which I always try to do). Most give I think 45 days of grace to you to reverse charges to/through PayPal if yu claim a problem with a vendor. No retailer wants to be on Visa's bad side.

Hope that helps!

--sc