[NTLK] Newton 120

Lloyd Conway doc_retro at juno.com
Thu Aug 11 18:21:43 EDT 2011

Hello, James:
    I've spent some time trying to figure out which OS I have, and I
think it's OS 2.0.  It looks like my old 130's OS did, and it has ink
text and the ability to recognize printed writing, which are, I believe,
specific to Rosetta.  Would this, in the absence of anything more
specific, qualify mine as an OS 2.0 machine?
Regards,
-Lloyd

Hello,

> >I'm soon to become the proud owner of a Newton 120.  It'll be my third Newt,
> >replacing a 2000 that took the>place of a 130.  The 120 will serve a few basic
> >functions:  note-taking, calender, address book, fax sender,>and... Has anyone
> >had positive results with e-mail on a 120?

If you know, can you please tell us what particular version of Newton OS your
120 is running?  Early model MP120s run NOS 1.3 while later models run NOS 2.0.

Best,

James Fraser

--
http://myworld.ebay.com/doc_retro/?_trksid=p4340.l2559