[NTLK] Out of the loof for a while and Mail V

Lloyd Conway doc_retro at juno.com
Sun Aug 14 14:36:34 EDT 2011

Hello, Scott:
      I'm also using a g# Wallstreet w/OS 9 and AirPort extreme (wifi dial-up) and the mail client that works best for me is Outlook 5.2.  I've also used SweetMail w/OS 9 on a PowerBook 1400 successfully, but Eudora has always been problematic.  Outlook is my primary on the Wallstreet, and I rarely have issues with it.
     My two cents.  Best of luck.
Regards,
-Lloyd Conway
  Charlotte, Michigan

Greetings all,
       It's great to be back!  I've been out of the loop for a while and dusted off my MP 2000U.  I got my home AirPort Extreme set up and got my G3 WallStreet II up and running... problem is, I can't get email to work properly.
       I'm trying to get a new GMX email account set up just for my Newtontalk membership but can't seem to get that to cooperate with Mail V.  I keep getting a "NO2 Authentication Failure" error.  I input my password correctly... have they just upgraded GMX rendering it unusable to Newton folk?  What's another good free email provider to scope out in case that's what the issue is?
       As an aside, anyone running OS 9 and using Eudora for mail?  I can't seem to get mine up and running.  Not a huge deal if not, as it was more of just an experiment.  What's another decent mail client for OS 9?
       Thanks for your help and time!  It's great to be here - stay green!
       Scott Hoffman
       scottyhoffo at hotmail.com
       hoffo at gmx.com

--