[NTLK] Internal airport card supporting WPA2 for Pismo?

Riccardo Mori rick at newted.org
Thu Aug 18 23:41:44 EDT 2011

quoth Frank Gruendel:

> The only reason why
> I'm not using this machine more often is because the built-in airport card
> does not support WPA2.

Hmm. In my wireless home network (WPA2), I have two clamshell iBooks, a Titanium PowerBook and a G4 Cube, all equipped with an original Apple AirPort card, and they have no problems connecting to the network. Unless I reboot in Mac OS 9. I may be mistaken, but I think that the lack of support of WPA2 networks is software-related. Installing at least Mac OS X 10.3.9 (with all the related updates, especially AirPort updates) should be enough. Also, a Pismo with maxed RAM should run Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger rather well.

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days
<http://systemfolder.wordpress.com>