[NTLK] Looking for a Bluetooth card

Steve steve at craftsathome.net
Tue Aug 23 11:17:55 EDT 2011

I have two issues with WEP:
1. It is borderline unencrypted, I am around too many skilled wifi sniffers
that would just read everything I did.
2. None of the places I go (or none I can find) allow WEP anymore, they
default to WPA, period, probably because of (1).

Someone made a blog post a while ago about a little Verizon thing that could
be paired with the Newt (using WEP), which would help me personally with (2)
but not (1).

So I got some PICO bluetooth cards from eBay, since what I personally need
is a way to sync my Notes and Works and Dates. Because I never found a
simple "known working" cookbook for what packages to install and in what
order, the hardware just sits in a drawer.

I am sad to say that at the moment my Newt hardware is in the drawer exactly
because desktop connectivity has become so painful. Hopefully I can get back
to wrestling with Bluetooth and/or wired ethernet (I had the most success
with wired ethernet) in the next few weeks or months. Free Newt Hacking Time
is the enemy for me.

-- Steve Craft