[NTLK] Memory limits on NewtonPress ebooks ( & MoreInfo )

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Mon Aug 29 12:06:01 EDT 2011

On 28 Aug 2011, at 17:00, Woody Smith wrote:

> Until you get a 2100 try freezing everything that you aren't using.
>
> Woody

Thanks Woody, that's sorted it. I can read 'normal' sized novels in one pkg now. I tried creating a pkg from G RR Martins Game of Thrones (from my purchased Kindle copy) but Newton Press choked on it. It is a weighty tome! I used the pkg freezing function in MoreInfo, the excellent PIM software from Silverware Software.

Incidently, list users can buy MoreInfo v5 for $35 rather than the listed $85 by emailing Scott at Silverware Software <info at silverwaresoftware.com>  There is a nice review of it over on the MyAppleNewton blog
http://myapplenewton.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-pim-moreinfo.html

 I got it for its ability to automatically log all calls, meetings and notes against specific people in the Names book (although I also have David Allen/GTD style 'contexts' in the Names books too). It has a great 'at a glance' feature too.

Nic