[NTLK] Einstein, Android, new Hardware, old Hardware

Joseph Reilly Reilly001os at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 09:45:06 EST 2011

On Dec 1, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Gmail wrote:

> My understanding was that iOS developers were the ones that paid $100 per year and, assuming their programs are approved, they then offer those for sale via iTunes for whatever price they set. Though of course I have no idea what happens if there's no approval. Is my understanding mistaken?
>
> If apple won't approve the program, there's always the jailbreak option. That's conceptually no different from rooting a Nook or Kindle.

Aside from getting in the store, or trying to get in the store really, you have to pay $100 just to do on device testing. Otherwise you can only test in the emulator on the computer.
With android you check the box that say "unknown sources" (meaning allow installation of non-market apps from unknown sources) put the app on sd card, click a few confirmations
and your new "what'cha ma thingy" app installs. Anyone with any out of the box, non-rooted android device could install Einstein right now, but on the iOS side only paid developers
or people with jail broken devices could install Einstein. Thats one of the reasons I'm now focused on trying to learn android instead of iOS despite the fact that android could use
a lot of polish imho.

Joe Reilly