[NTLK] Einstein, Android, new Hardware, old Hardware

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Thu Dec 1 10:17:05 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Joseph Reilly <Reilly001os at aol.com> wrote:
> The only thing that comes to my mind when we mention the Samsung/Apple lawsuits is that despite being funny  the "I'm a pc, I'm a Mac"
> ads seemed to bash pcs as much as the mentioned Samsung ad (based on the description, I have not seen the ad),

IMO, the differences between the Apple Get a Mac ads and the Samsung
one is the same as between Apple's hugely successful 1984 ad and their
Lemmings ad. The successful ones--1984 and Get a Mac--poked fun at the
computer and the companies behind them (IBM and Microsoft), but the
other ones are aimed directly at their users, essentially insulting
them. Not that any of this matters to me. I've just been horribly
dissatisfied with Samsung's hardware through the years. If I were to
buy Android today (which I'm not likely to), I would buy HTC. They
seem to make quality hardware, and try to add value software-wise as
well.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3