[NTLK] How to make a Newton screenshot if the Newton Toolkit can't be used?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Dec 2 07:21:16 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:

> this is a tricky one. I need a screenshot of the NTK Toolkit window on the
> Newton side with the "Connect via" dropdown box open. I usually take
> screenshots with the NTK Toolkit. But for this the inspector must be
> connected. And when the inspector is connected, the "Connect via" dropdown
> box is no longer there (which makes perfect sense since it's already
> connected).

You could probably use Daniel Padilla's ScreenShooter
<http://dev.newtontalk.net/dpadilla/progs.htm> which will let you
email screenshots, although I think you have to use an older version
of GifServer & SimpleMail. Then there's NPDS <http://npds.free.fr/>
and GifServer so you could load via HTTP. Obviously, those two options
require Internet other configs, so not exactly easy.

Of course, you can install Toolkit in Einstein. Normally useless
because you can't go beyond the screen you're talking about, but in
this case that's all you want to be able to see & take a screenshot
of.

Are there any other screenshot solutions?

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/
http://seriesparts.com/