[NTLK] Call for Einstein domain names

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 19:22:48 EST 2011

We need to be very careful with the use of the name "einstein" in any endeavor we approach. The reason being is that the trademark holders of Albert Einstein (TM), his likeness and his name is owned by a group who vigorously protects the trademark. They have been known to attack anybody who uses even the most vaguest derivations of "einstein" especially when referencing intelligence or genius.

Here is a blurb about who owns the trademark:
"Upon death Einstein left his name and image to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, a University he supported while alive. The royalties from the licensing of his name and any products in his likeness now go to the University. The agency that runs manages the Einstein brand is very strict and insists that when using the name, ‘Albert Einstein™’, that the trademark ™ symbol must always be present. Albert Einstein™ is a lucrative trademark that makes millions for the University. Apple computer, Disneyland, and many other corporations use his name or likeness to sell products."

We certainly don't want to get on the wrong side of *THIS* group...

Ed
web/gadget guru

"Oh Yeah...That's the stuff!"
Stewie Griffin, Family Guy