[NTLK] Deep fry

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Sun Dec 4 04:35:35 EST 2011

Hi Warren

Speaking as a Englishman, it amazes me to hear you Americans deep fry whole turkeys! That puts Tony's observation of deep fried Mars bars in Scotland to shame.  By the way, you could also get deep fried pizza in some Scottish 'chippies', and they did have the highest rate of heart disease in the UK. I never tried either of those delicacies in my student days at Dundee, preferring to risk my health on whisky, cranachan, shortbread dumpling and Dundee cake (most of which seemed to be made in Yorkshire!?). You'd never guess I grew up in the NW of England where they had the highest rate of tooth decay, would you :-)

Nic

PS anyone else feeling peckish?