[NTLK] Notepad that isn't for NOS

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:30:31 EST 2011

Morgan, what you say about NOS 2.1's behavior is interesting, and
something I haven't yet experienced. I've got an eMate as well as the
120's, but of course the eMate lends itself to keyboarding rather than
stylus entry.

That auto-scroll sounds a bit more in keeping with what I had in mind,
but still not it. My guess is that someone would have got there
eventually - either on the NOS dev team, or as a third-party package -
but the plug got pulled before the idea occurred to anyone that
half-page scrolling would produce a better user experience.

> So, I'm all for Warren's typewriter-like editor for Newton. Sounds
> like a great addition and I agree it sounds feasible. Plus, I always
> like to hear of _new_ packages being developed (or concepts being
> thought up)!

Well, we'll see if I'm up to it.

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com