[NTLK] Einstein on Linux (was: write to Tim Cook)

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Dec 5 16:41:28 EST 2011

On 05.12.2011, at 09:01, Mark Crutch wrote:

> Anyway, I was actually more interested in a reply to the first part of
> my previous message, if you're able to provide one: do you have an
> idea of how different the network code would be between OSX and Linux,
> given their shared Posix roots? If they're similar, then network
> support would seem to be "low hanging fruit" for the Linux version of
> Einstein.

The difference is likely minimal. There are two network drivers. Mine works in user mode, but is limited to http ATM and needs the correct manual network settings. It may just compile.

Paul's driver OTOH requires root access, but creates a true virtual network, so it's far superior. That one may need some more attention.

 - Matthias