[NTLK] Einstein query

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Dec 6 03:28:44 EST 2011

OK, all this discussion about Einstein prompted me to open my copy of
Einstein, and I noticed the "Install Package" option, and I'm like,
HEY! I can install all my old goodies! But then, I remember that all
my notes, names, etc. are all on my old Newton, with no way to get
them into Einstein--at least not any way I've found to get it to
work--maybe things have changed. I don't know... But that prompted me
to think...

Since we can install packages onto the Newton, is there a way that we
could wrap things like addresses (vcard) ical, (ics), and notes and
other soup data so it could be an installable package that could then
create the soup, etc. Surely this could be automated in some way--or
am I way out in left field on this? Of course, part of the problem, it
seems, is that the dev tools don't work too well these days, but are
they necessary for creating packages? How hard would this be?

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3