[NTLK] Deep fry

Ann Reynolds Bergeron ann70821 at me.com
Mon Dec 5 14:27:57 EST 2011

Ah, but Nic, we don't batter the bird!  That makes a huge difference!

And I'll add that turkey frying is best left to men in certain geographic regions who already possess the needed equipment, know not to try to fry the turkey under the carport, know that the bird needs to be fully thawed and dry, and who congregate in large groups just prior to Thanksgiving to assemble multiple cookers and fry no fewer than a dozen turkeys!  I've yet to meet anyone who has had a turkey frying accident--at least, not around here.

I'd have to check, but I think I usually send 5 gallons of oil off with my bird.

Ann in Baton Rouge