[NTLK] USB-001 and cracked case

L.W. Brown lwb at mac.com
Sun Dec 18 21:18:09 EST 2011

It is /long/ past time to let go of the old wounds & angers that keep getting resurrected regarding this vendor. Not everyone had a bad experience with them, and not ever criticism of them is a personal attack. Nobody's perfect. We are a small community - just let go of the emotional trauma.

If there's a cracking issue it could easily be caused by a combination of factors in plastic this old. I've had plastic mountaineering boots & soccer shoes literally disintegrate after simply being stored for that long. The softeners just evaporate and the remaining material gets brittle. And maybe the board is adding just enough extra stress to do more quickly what was already about to happen. None if that implies bad intent, poor design or neglect. Stuff just wears out. We need to fix & repair it. It's just what is.

Peace.

Sent from my ¡Brick...
;-]