[NTLK] Rooting the Nook

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat Dec 24 11:02:24 EST 2011

I have the original Nook (first edition hybrid e-ink) and that is also
rootable for more features and the ability to add other android apps.
however B&N did a hardware upgrade shortly after I got mine that blocked
most rooting methods.  There is one left open but it is HARD to get
working and takes a lot of luck.

I was surprised to find that rooting the Nookcolor and NookTablet were
still fairly easy and figured it was only a matter of time before it was
blocked by a update.  A shame really as I think B&N shouldn't care
unless it is being returned for warranty service, in that case such
service should be declined.  But not block the user from using the
hardware as they like. :/

I suspect a new rooting method will come out soon to get around B&N's
newest patch.  But it will likely be much harder to implement (just like
it was for Nook first edition.  I had thought about getting the tablet
but now I doubt it as I see B&N blocked rooting again.  :/  Unless a
easy method is found to bypass it ;)

-Dan