[NTLK] Fwd: FS: Newton MP120

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 16:20:37 EST 2011

 From the LEM SwapList

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: FS: Newton MP120
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:16:42 -0800
From: Joe Duran <joe.duran at sbcglobal.net>
To: LEM Swap <lemswap at googlegroups.com>

For sale is a Newton Message Pad 120 in Very Good to Excellent
condition.  I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for appearance - it is missing
one rubber foot.  The stylus is missing some plastic but still works
ok and fits into the Newton fine.  Otherwise a 10. It is 100%
functional.  It does display the Newton "2010 date bug" but from
googling I found a couple of packages that are supposed to deal with
that issue.

Included with the Newton is a cool black leather portfolio that
securely holds and protects the Newton.  It is embossed with the
Newton logo and has a cell phone pouch on the front (large by todays
standards - lol) and a zippered pocket on the back.  Inside there are
slots for business and credit cards.  I found this case to be very
handy and I have kept the Newton in it since new.  You can easily use
the Newton without taking it out of the case.

I am also including the following items:

Fresh batteries - both main and backup installed.
Apple serial cable
Apple to PC serial cable
Newton fax modem (no power supply but it runs on 2 AA batteries, not
included)

Newton software on floppies:
Newton Connection Kit 2.0 (for Macintosh)
Pocket Quicken 1.0 (Mac and PC)
Graffiti Handwriting recognition (Mac and PC)
Newton Backup Utility (2 floppies) (Mac)
Notion 1.2 Newton List Manager (Mac)

For all of this I am asking $50 shipped. Insurance and tracking
included.

Thanks for looking,

Joe Duran
Ventura CA 93003