[NTLK] Verizon and the iPhone

anasazi4st newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 11 11:56:07 EST 2011

Hello everyone:

As many of you already have iPhones, I am curious as to your thoughts about this morning's Major Announcement: "iPhone Comes to Verizon" ( http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/01/verizon-iphone-no-longer-a-myth-available-in-february.ars ).

I am wary of starting such a discussion here as it is definitely off-topic (from our beloved Newtons)...but it's also been a few days since there's been any activity, so I thought I'd "kick the sleeping dog" and maybe start up some discussion.

What do you think? Are you more or less tempted to buy an iPhone now? Myself, I'd stick with AT&T for now...for one thing, there's no simultaneous phone/data use available on the Verizon iPhone (not possible on the CDMA network). And, Verizon's 3G is allegedly slower than AT&T's ( http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/11/5813972-five-reasons-not-to-buy-the-verizon-iphone-yet ).

Thanks,
--Forrest

--Sent from one of the few non-SSL email servers left--EarthLink