[NTLK] Good SDHC-PC Card adapter for Newton?

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Thu Jul 21 22:44:00 EDT 2011

I believe the goal of SDHC is High Capacity. My experience suggests that High Capacity is not a Newton owner's goal. Think speed and stability.

A generic CF II adapter and a 1GB Ultra DMA High Speed 150x CF card gave me pretty stable results. Higher capacities and varied adapters showed diminishing results.

I saw a 300x card, recently, and it piqued my interest in experimenting with ATA , again. I recommend not spending a lot of money. Buy a few adapters and see which card / adapter combinations work best.

Best regards,

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
      |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM