[NTLK] eMate Hinge problem (no, not that one)

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Mon Jul 11 19:37:52 EDT 2011

Looks like Joel has you covered on the hinge.
The springs aren't springs in any springy sort of way.  They are the
spring looking wires attached to the rod of the hinge assembly but
they actually function more like brakes.
The typical broken hinge is due to the grease drying out and getting
grit mixed in it that causes the legs of the 'spring' to wrap around
the hinge rod.
I can't imagine how yours was broken in that way.

Woody