[NTLK] WTB: Newton Battery Tray

Ross Deihm adventuresindining at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:10:35 EDT 2011

Just to update everyone, last night I built a battery holder out of the old
rechargeable pack. This was tested for both voltage and amperage on the
correct points and should have worked fine. However after sliding it into
the newton, nothing happened. Apparently something is very wrong with the
newton itself and it will not accept any power packs in any form. I would
imagine my next step is to take the newton apart and try to diagnose what is
going on here, but I'm wondering if this is worth investing more time in.

Is anyone aware of a known problem like this? Maybe corrosion passed from
the battery to the Newt itself?