[NTLK] Keyspan USA-28 driver

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:27:05 EDT 2011

On Jun 2, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Dennis Swaney wrote:

> Go to  http://www.tripplite.com/en/support/downloads/downloads-by-model.cfm
> and enter "USA-28"
>
> There you can get Mac OS 8.6 - 9.x, Mac OS 10.2 - 10.5, and Mac OS 10.6
> drivers. For Windows I believe you have to use the USA-19 adapter. Do the
> same as before but then enter "USA-19". You can get the drivers for the same
> Mac OSes and for Windows 98 through 7.

Yeah, the USA-28XG driver will work for the USA-28 under OS X. If you look at the readme during installation you will see a note saying the driver supports many adapters unofficially. As for Mac OS Classic, you can find the driver over at UNNA under the Mac OS section because it is adapter specific. Finally, Keyspan never supported the Mac serial adapters for use with Windows. Like Dennis said, you would have to use a USA-19 series adapter instead.

On a side note, the Linux kernel supports Keyspan drivers natively. You just have to make sure your distro has included them. I know for a while Ubuntu would disable the Keyspan drivers due to licensing conflicts, but that is no longer the case. Fedora has included the drivers for at least the past 4 years.

-Tony Morrow
http://lookanotherblog.com