[NTLK] Newton repositories on GitHub (Was "Re: voyager software development")

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sat Mar 5 10:23:55 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Eckhart Köppen <lists at 40hz.org> wrote:

> I checked in the whole project here:
>
> https://github.com/ekoeppen/Newton-Blunt-Support

I was so happy to see you post a Gist, but now an actual repository on
GitHub! I believe the only other Newton-related project (other than
the io language which merely mentions NewtonScript because it's based
on some of the concepts) is the NPDS Tracker Server
<https://github.com/splorp/npds-tracker-server> hosted by Grant.

I hope to see the use of GitHub expand further. There are some great
Newton-related projects on both SourceForge & Google Code, but GitHub
just seems to have a workflow that encourages collaboration.

UNNA.org should probably eventually mirror the repositories from
SourceForge, Google Code, GitHub and others (like the NEWT/0
Subversion repository) to prevent the loss of this invaluable
information.

Morgan
---
http://makkintosshu.com/