[NTLK] Newton repositories on GitHub (Was "Re: voyager software development")

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sat Mar 5 15:15:29 EST 2011

On 05.03.2011, at 18:19, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:
>
>> I was so happy to see you post a Gist, but now an actual repository on
>> GitHub! I believe the only other Newton-related project (other than
>> the io language which merely mentions NewtonScript because it's based
>> on some of the concepts) is the NPDS Tracker Server
>> <https://github.com/splorp/npds-tracker-server> hosted by Grant.
>
> I was was pleased to see Eckhart on Github as well. Although, he's had
> a pile Newton code on SourceForge for ages:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/users/eck
>
> Now, if we could just convince Github to add NewtonScript as a
> supported language.
>
> https://github.com/languages

My stuff is on Google Code. It's a bit messier, but some of the stuff works well enough:

http://code.google.com/p/dynee5/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk

DyneTK is a somewhat working equivalent to NTK, Albert is a static analyser for the Newton ROM. It converts the entire ROM back into ARM and NS source code, which can then be compiled back into the original ROM using the gnu assembler.

 - Matthias