[NTLK] Alternative Operating System

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Thu Nov 10 21:16:00 EST 2011

The truth is...

The OS is built-in to the ROM and that fact alone would suggest a monumental task approaching (near to) the impossible, if not highly unlikely.

On the other hand, there is still hope that Newton OS will eventually run (virtualized) on other hardware. Do a search for "Apple Newton Einstein" project.

Lastly, the Newton OS is wide open for OS enhancements. From simple stationary to more complex Newton scripts. There is even a C++development environment.

Current development wish lists include:

-> PNG graphic plug-in for Newt's Cape
-> HTML Entities plug-in for Newt's Cape
-> WiFi Signal Strength & SSID Sniffer

(one can hope :-)

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM