[NTLK] Delurking and intro

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:27:34 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Tony Kan <tony.kan at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi Warren
>
> Welcome to the list.

Thanks!

> Looks like your searching has been pretty
> comprehensive.  It just takes time to get your head around it all.  The
> 1-page guide on My Apple Newton has a few caveats listed.

Groovy; I'll poke over that one as well. It is a lot to take in, but
what interests me most is keeping the Newtons more or less relevant in
a stack of other technology that includes the requisite modern
iDevices. Scheduling and wireless are both interesting to me. We'll
see how that goes.

The other somewhat 'retro' fetish I have, by the way, is classic HP
pocket calculators.

> Where did you buy your replacement emate battery?  I need two.

I ordered them from here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Newton-Emate-300-Good-Used-Battery-/150657132536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2313dd67f8#ht_500wt_1413

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Newton-Emate-300-Good-Used-Battery-/150657132536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2313dd67f8#ht_500wt_1413>

...there were 5 left, last time I looked. They ship from Canada, and
according to the seller's listing, worldwide.

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com