[NTLK] DyneTK 1.7.3, OSX Lion 10.7.2, and Keyspan 28xg connection trouble

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:56:45 EST 2011

Well, because I can't leave well enough alone. the MP120 I got is
chugging along nicely. Being the geek that I've pretty much been all
my life, I located DyneTK and figured what the heck. It's an
interesting package!

I got the toolkit installed on the 120, have it set to connect by
serial, and have tried the serial port options in DyneTK (/dev/ttys0
... 4) - and consistently get 'Can't open serial port - Bad file
descriptor' as the error in DyneTK. On the 120, tapping 'Connect
Inspector' gives me a timeout after about 30 seconds.

I have managed to connect via NCX for installing, backing up, and
syncing, so the 120 can talk to the Mac.

The system info pane on the Mac tells me that the Keyspan is attached,
on which hub, etc, but doesn't tell me which serial port it's working
through.

Are there troubleshooting steps I should be following?

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com