[NTLK] Newton 2000 Serial Connection NCX/Keyspan to Apple iMac G4

Gary Moors garyjm2 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 25 19:09:32 EST 2011

Greetings -

I'm new to the Newton and Apple iMac so bear with me. I have had a collection of Newtons for quite a while (acquired off Ebay and one of my passions from the past) and decided to finally get one connected to my iMac G4 (OS X 10.4.11). I have Windows 7 pc's also but heard it was much easier and better Newton support with the Apple Mac :-). Basically I just can't connect to the Newton 2000. I get a "The connection was stopped because there was no response" message from the Dock. I am using the Dock "Connect via Serial". I have tried two Newton 2000's, two serial cables, and two Newton Serial Adapters. I have also tried two USB ports on my Mac. Here are some additional details:

Tripp Lite Keyspan USA-19H
Installed OS X driver (up to 10.5) USA-19HS MAC (keyspanUSdrvr.pkg).
Keyspan Serial Assistant shows:
    KeySerial1
    USA19H1b12P1.1

Apple Mac shows USB Bus - Keyspan USA-19H

NCX Newton Connection ver 1.3, build 44

Can anyone help me out with this?  I'm getting really frustrated spinning my wheels :-).

Thanks!!!

Gary