[NTLK] iPad1 and iPad2

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 8 17:18:53 EDT 2011

I echo Chris' sentiments. I only recently started adding eBooks to my First Generation iPad...while all my photos are on there, there's only certain hand-selected music (about 2GB), about 50 apps, a complete season of a favorite TV series, and a few favorite movies occupying the device.

All of my favorite movies are on my iPod Classic, as well as nearly all my music collection (there's still some that must be transferred from cassette and LP).

I believe in the idea of specialization of devices...when I had a BlackBerry I had all kinds of stuff on there, which caused it to run very slowly (even for the BlackBerry!). I learned from that to not have one device try and do it all.

Both the iPhone 4 and the iPad are 16GB and have pretty much the same media arrangement..and there's not much duplication between them.

I went with a wifi iPad, as I had decided ahead of time to go with a mobile wifi hotspot for my Internet connection...amongst other reasons, for Newton Internet access.

Since I already have a fairly decent camera on the iPhone, having another one on the iPad2 seemed like needless duplication.

Hope that  is a help.

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4